I did it again(this one's for you, Cereus-validus)

Page 2 of 3
On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 19:55:52 +0100, Janet Baraclough

To be honest, I was only 13, it was 1967 and it was a brief London on our way to Italy. We were in Italy for a month. I went with my father. It was in July. That's about the extent of my knowing exactly where we stayed. My dad is gone so I can't ask him, either. And I still miss him dearly.
British houses are both cold AND DAMP!!!!!
contains these words:

Daytime 68F, nighttime 62F. Not all of us like hot houses! I couldn't stand a hot house when I sleep, the power surges are bad enough (ladies, most of you know what I mean!)
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

I don't get those surges since I started taking the Sam's Club version of extra strength estroven. I haven't had a hot in a long time...years maybe.

Yea, I think I'm going to have to investigate something like this. It's interesting getting older ;->
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
On 4/15/05 5:10 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com,

Just try a hot flash in a down coat some winter morn.....
expounded:

of
you on a summer's night, but damnit, I still gets the power surges...........and they wonder how I'm able to wear the almost sleeveless blouses, yet get cold standing in the doorway of the lumber department at the cash register and need my jacket like a light weight.............and when did I grow those old lady arms????? I remember these things on my Great Aunt Hattie Mae.............good gawd, I've become a plump Southern woman!!!! arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh(including the silly garden hat....................someone took a pitcher of me in one of me silly hats and damn if I thought I was looking at some relative...........old age AIN'T fer sissies!! maddie (where's Zhan in this frelling thread/tangent????)

Things start falling off, sucking in. The soy isoflavones work remarkably well. The way they work, if you don't already know, is that they fit into the receptors the estrogen normally fits into. So, it fools the body into thinking it is getting estrogen. Now, it doesn't help bone density or the like, so you really should get a bone density test, if you haven't already. That way there is a baseline. I had mine and my spine is right on the line of being one click into osteoporosis, so I get calcium any way I can. Citracal or calcium citrate of any sort is easier on the system, I find.

http://www.tashatudorandfamily.com/faq.htm

Ah, I stand corrected....she's in Vermont.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

You know, I was wondering if they really know what a baseline would be for everyone. I'm thin, I've got small bones anyway, and I've never broken a thing. I've got a friend who breaks bones if she looks at them too hard! I'm sure she's headed towards full-blown osteoporosis.

I will. Thanx!
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
Vitamin's D and C both aid in absorbing calcium. In fact, 500mg of vitamin C every day is great. You'll almost NEVER get sick. When you get the flue it'll only last one day as long as you raise your body temp which is the body's natural way to fight it.
I started off taking vitamin C at the 1000mg doses when I was 14. I've cut it back to 500mg at various times and I notice a definite difference in things when I quit taking it (I'm more apt to be affected by allergies, colds and other things).
I can't speak for the stuff listed at this site but it seems like a pretty good reference. If anyone sees anything on it that they disagree with perhaps they could post it and let us know whats up. http://www.ehow.com/how_3953_absorb-calcium-supplements.html
Recently I've seen some calcium pills combined with zinc. According to the link above, zinc may interfere with the absorption of calcium.
-- Jim Carlock Please post replies to newsgroup.
Calcium citrate is Ca with vitamin C.
opined:

It's supposed to be an average based on age, adjusted for gynaeological and medical history, but I wonder how accurate it is. Last year, my GP medical practice took part in an osteoporosis survey on post-menopausal women. All patients over 50 whose "known osteoporosis risk factors" predicted possible bone thinning, were invited for a bone scan and the chance of preventive treatment. According to statistics, my combination of risk-factors anticipated a high level of bone loss.
Instead, the result showed that I've lost no bone density at all. According to statistics, my 58 yr old body is propped up on the rock-solid skeleton of an active 25 yr old :~}.
Janet.

As far as I know she is. I'd like to get to see her before she goes. She's actually not too far from me, down in Connecticut, last I heard.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

She lives in Vermont for the last 30 years, I believe.

Prescription-strength oil of evening primrose is your friend, so ask your doctor. The dosage available over the counter in health shops isn't enough.
Janet

That sounds interesting too, Janet, I'll check into it.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

I hate sleeping in a heated room and so does himself ..the heating goes off at night and we open the bedroom windows. Even in winter.

"Power"? !!!!!! That's not how I'd describe it :-)
Janet
madgardener wrote: <snip>

i have to decide whether some cacti of mine are dead (they look to be in rigor mortis (at best) they haven't done a thing for > 1.5 years ... but i'd hate to kill them if they are still *alive*) what's the chop-stick routine? (btw my condolences for your cactus:)

<snip>