Huge amount of overgrowth

Hi,
My very large lawn has been neglected for years. Moved away, came back. So a very large portion of my lawn is covered in overgrowth. About 2 acres. As high as six feet. Its pathetic, I know.
How do I fix this situation? I want my lawn back.
Thanks! Frank
In article

2 acres of lawn ?
If you must.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brush_hog>
Bill ....perhaps you can get it done for you?
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA
Neat place .. http://www.petersvalley.org /

Where do you live? I ask because if you are in an arid area, like So. Calif coastal, this might be a chance for you to go xeriscapic, creating interesting new plantings AND saving hugely on water.
If that is not the case, and water is cheap and available and you really want your lawn back, sorry to say but you might have to hire professionals to get rid of the bad stuff and replant with the grass seed of your choice.
Unless there are a lot of starving students around who could be counted on to do a THOROUGH job -- meaning don't leave rhizomes of the bad grass to come back and haunt you.
Good luck!
Persephone