How to transplanting Pineapple broom trees

Hi everyone
I'm new to this forum so please be gentle. I am also a very novice gardener so be even more gentle.
We moved into our house just under 2 years ago, we have an acre at the back to try to tame and furnish (lots of lovely fruit trees and mainly grass on the ground).
I'm looking for advice regarding transplanting some mature Pineapple Broom Trees. We have 8 of these lovely pineapple brooms situated at the front of our home in a garden where they are currently bashed to hell by the wind. I know they have to be in well drained soil, supported and away from strong winds, they are currently supported by small thin stakes (put in by the previous owners) these stakes are particularly unsuitable and not offering any support at all. The trees are at least 2.5 meters tall and have flowered every year since we moved in.
What I want to do is put them into the back garden where they can be put next to the posts around the garden boundary fence, therefore help them be protected from the wind and bring their colour to the back garden. They have been in the ground for about 2.5 (possible 3 years), what are the risks of moving them, what should we take into consideration when moving them and how and when should we attempt to do this. Any help gratefully received.
Becki
--
Becki

Well, if it will help anyone, the plant is also called Moroccan Broom or Cytisus battandieri. Sorry but I know nothing about it. Interesting flowers. Emilie