how to espalier a lemon tree

Hi,

I am looking for some tips to espalier a lemon.

Also, what should I keep in mind when doing this to ensure an optimum crop?

thanks in advance

> -james >
Reply to
jpd1009

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Unfortunately, I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the endorsements or recommendations I make.

Reply to
dr-solo

I was just looking through a mediterranean gardening book and saw a picture of this being done. Interesting. They mentioned two points; make sure your arbor has wide enough openings to let the lemons hang down for picking and whitewash the bare trunks to prevent sunscald. I thought about trying this until I saw the whitewash part. I hate that look. I guess you could also use some other sort of trunk wrap.

Reply to
figaro

Reply to
steve Mc