How to burn leaves?

Does anyone know any clever ways of burning leaves? Simple design for an effective incinerator or something? My leaves are a little damp and need some help to get going.
I can't make anymore compost. These guys need to burn.
Thanks.
So, you're the one responsible for the wild fires in the southwest!!!

On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 09:47:07 -0800, Wibble wrote:

With enough cardboard / paper you should be able to create a hot enough fire to dry out some of the leaves. If there too wet for that method, try a weedburner.
http://www.resources.ywgc.com/info/weedburner.html
That will dry them out enough to burn. Good luck.

A few years ago I decided it might be a good idea to burn some yard waste. I contacted the local fire department. They had very specific rules on burning, including acceptable ways to build fire pits, etc. Your best bet is to make that call because it doesn't matter what someone here thinks if you end up being fined by the local authorities. By the way, after making the call, I gave up on the idea of burning anything.

Don't waste them by burning. Spread them on the soil surface of beds as a weed-suppressing mulch. Worms will incorporate them into the soil, improving the humus level.
Janet
HERE HERE!!! You read my thoughts EXACTLY Janet!!!! Don't compost or burn them, spread them over your perennials and garden beds! They'll love you this winter for it and reward you in the spring and summer! madgardener
contains these words:

or if you don't want them check to see if a neighbour may want them for compost.
rob
contains these words:

The county where I live has an "organic dump" to bring all your yard waste. In fact, during the spring, summer, and fall they pick-up our yard waste at the curb to bring to the "organic dump." They make mulch, which anyone can pickup for free.