How long will SoilMoist last?

You know SoilMoist, those polymer hydrogel granules: http://www.soilmoist.com/soilhome.html
If you're interested, the NY Times had a related article: http://nytimes.com/2004/07/20/science/20soil.html?adxnnl=1&adxnnlx 90344501-xkYTR0HqG8m+5qAo52Xhow
Say I mixed Soilmoist with topsoil for my lawn. Does anyone know how long this stuff will last? I have no idea. For all I know it could last forever, but I doubt it.
Thanks for your help.
<< Say I mixed Soilmoist with topsoil for my lawn. Does anyone know how long this stuff will last? >>
That would be terribly expensive and probably not that helpful to your lawn. Soilmoist is designed for potted plants and small specialized flowerbeds. I would estimate its useful life at about two years, after which you would probably repot anyway. Iris, Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40 "If we see light at the end of the tunnel, It's the light of the oncoming train." Robert Lowell (1917-1977)
On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 18:48:35 GMT, "BruceW..1"

I have written to the company several times to find out what happens to Soil Moist (how long it lasts, what it breaks down to) and they do not answer. I don't want to add anything unknown to the environment, so I have stopped using it, until I get some definitive answers.
Curly Sue wrote:

I did get a reply from the company today (JRM Chemical). They said it's good from three to five year.
Bummer. I hoped it would last for eons.

Terra-Sorb, a similar product, lasts five years and breaks down into potassium
http://www.planthealthcare.com/catalog/product/terrasorb3.html
DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email) Zone 6b/7, Westchester Co, NY, <1 mile off L.I.Sound 2nd year gardener http://members.aol.com/DigitalVinyl66/Garden2004.html