Hibiscus Moscheutos

Does the Hibiscus Moscheutos bloom better as a tree or a shrub? Jackie
Hibiscus moscheutos is neither a tree or shrub, it is an herbaceous perennial that dies back to the ground.
toad
But does it do best in a tree form or a shrub? Thanks, Jackie

J. Davidson wrote:

It is not a tree or a shrub. It's like a chrysanthemum in that it grows and then dies back in the fall.

USDA Zone 8
Good advice, Newt. I let it be a tree last year and had very few blooms. This year I will pinch back and make it a shrub. I hope to take this plant to MS when we move and that will make transporting it easier too. Thanks also to Travis. Jackie, NC zone 7

J. Davidson Wrote:

Jackie, You are very welcome. I just realized you must be growing it in th house! Good luck with your move.
New
-- Newt
J. Davidson Wrote:

Hi Jackie,
I don't know where you live, but these die back to the ground in thei northern range. You can pinch them to make them fuller and have mor blooms. This should tell you all you need to know. http://tinyurl.com/79sjy
New
-- Newt