Hen & Chick

I got this plant earlier this summer in a 4" inch pot, and its growing well as I keep it moistured. I have no idea how tall it would get, if at all. Does anyone know?
Anthony wrote:

is this the common green kind?
it tends to go outward instead of up, but when crowded it will put up a flower stalk which can go a foot or so up. i'm sure there are varieties of this which are larger than others so it might vary... :)
songbird

Thanks the label on the pot says its Grapeosedum "California Sunset"...its pale green with a tinge of pink. Don't know if it needs to be repotted or leave alone, and when to repot if I need to.

"There are many interesting intergeneric (crosses between 2 genera) hybrids of succulents. x Graptosedum California Sunset is a cross between Graptopetalum and Sedum. It bears tawny rose colored fleshy petals that surround and terminate in rosettes on somewhat sprawling stems. We especially like it combined with the steel blue of Senecio serpens (Chalksticks). Cool temperatures deepen the foliage color to striking copper red tones. Starry white flowers are borne mostly in the winter months.
"Grow x Graptosedum California Sunset in full sun. Pinch it back to have a tighter growth habit. Plants will grow to perhaps 6-12 high before the stems begin to spill with weight."
http://gardenforeplay.avantgardensne.com/?p=311

Yes, thats the one...gee, it says it grows 6'' to a foot...won't that be too much for a 4'' pot?
Anthony wrote: ...
ah, ok, thanks, different variety than what we have here.

yes, :) you can repot it into a larger pot so that it won't get so tippy in the breezes.
songbird