help with prayor type plant

I have a plant that is in the same family as a prayer plant and every now and then a leaf or two or three gets a brown dry tip. If the leaf is like three or so inches about a 1/4 inch is dry. The entire plant in the pot is made up of several plants like 6 or so and bam, one leaf ends up being brown. Light or water. I think the plant loves water and I to water it regularly. Should I be watering it more. fertilizer?
Marantaceae are tuberous rooted perennials that typically go dormant and tend to die back this time of year (in the winter, that is). They will perk up with the new growth in the spring. Be patient and wait it out. If you overwater it now, the plants are liable to rot.