Help with identity

I posted photos once before, but they were hard to determine, so here I go again. I hope these might be alittle better! Any guesses are appreciated. CG suburbs of Buffalo NY www.buffnet.net/~gntry/99weed.jpg www.buffnet.net/~gntry/9weed.jpg

Er. I think you mean:

http://www.buffnet.net/~gntry/9weed.JPG

http://www.buffnet.net/~gntry/99weed.JPG
... but the pictures that you've got there don't really have enough detail for me to take a guess. Is there any way that you can take a picture that shows the entire plant, as well as the close ups?
You might find something here:
    http://www.ontariowildflower.com/index.htm#top
cheers!

I agree - the photos are a little indistinct (something to measure scale against would be helpful), but the weeds in question look very much like the young growth shoots of Japanese knotweed, Polygonum cuspidatum. A tough weed to control, but control you must - it is on many states' noxious weed listing. Lots of info online with a Google search.
pam - gardengal
"..... I agree - the photos are a little indistinct (something to measure scale against would be helpful), but the weeds in question look very much like the young growth shoots of Japanese knotweed, Polygonum cuspidatum. A tough weed to control, but control you must - it is on many states' noxious weed listing. Lots of info online with a Google search.
pam - gardengal ........."
Those were my thoughts as well.
--
David Hill