Help! What Tree is it?

Hi All, i'm new to this but really need some help with identifying a Tree in my neighbourhood.
Im no gardener so please accept my apologies for the poor description or lack of knowledge.
In our neighbourhood somebody has got a very unusual tree, I can only describe it as like a Fir tree with a very defined shape but with no foliage, in fact its completely green and the branches resemble green pipe cleaners with no leaves or anything.
Can anyone help? We reallly would like one of these but have no idea whats it called!
Thanks in advance
--
bexman

Why not go and ask them ?