Help to identify plant needed

Can someone please help me identify this plant, which is growing in a friends garden in the Vienne region of France, many thanks
+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: DSCN3164.JPG | |Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid 459| +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
--
Nick Pace

Trumpet creeper, Campsis radicans. Friend to many, foe to many others.
Amos Nomore;938606 Wrote: > Trumpet creeper, Campsis radicans. Friend to many, foe to many others.
I just can't get it to grow, it just sulks and barely grows. I've tried moving it once as well. Other places you see it absolutely rampant. It got frozen to the ground by last winter too, though a new shoot has recently appeared.
I think you probably need a nice sunny wall to get it to flower - I've seen it like that in the Cotswolds where in theory it should get colder than where I am in the winter. My own idea of growing it in a mixed border against a south-facing fence is evidently just not warm enough, and it just isn't winning the battle against the other plants in the border. I do have a nice sunny wall but that is reserved for the grape vine.
echinosum

Amos Nomore;938606 Wrote: > In article snipped-for-privacy@gardenbanter.co.uk,

> http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid 459|

Many thanks for your help and advice
Nick Pace

Nick Pace;938585 Wrote: > Can someone please help me identify this plant, which is growing in a > friends garden in the Vienne region of France, many thanks
Hello Nick! I'm a new member to this site,so still finding way around.The plant you are not sure of seems like "Campsis" or trumpet vine" Hope that helps.Lucky you living there.had a great hols in Charente this year.
meadowland