Help!

Hi,
right I need someone to help me with my garden - anyone know any goo gardeners in / near the horfield area of bristol.
At the moment, it's a complete tip - so only suited to someone wh likes a challenge
-- Juliet
On 11/22/04 4:44 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@news.gardenbanter.co.uk,

The original poster is in the UK - 'tip' is a British expression roughly translating to a real mess :-))
Juliet, you'd be better served by posting this on a local forum, something like uk.rec. gardening. The majority of the participants here are based in the US and not able to offer much in the way of suggestions.
pam - gardengal
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net says...

In NZ, a "tip" could also refer to a city rubbish dump (landfill.)
--
Get Credit Where Credit Is Due
http://www.cardreport.com /
Juliet Wrote:

Hi Juliet,
How bad a tip is it? I may know someone or may be able to help clear it. Im also in North Bristol
-- penance
penance wrote:

What is a "tip"?

USDA Zone 8

A guddle. A disorganised unkempt mess. Garbage heap.
Janet (Scotland).
Janet Baraclough wrote:

Thank you.

USDA Zone 8
On 12/1/05 4:57 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk,

Oh - thanks for the new word Janet! A guddle - I like it.
Cheryl

Since I'm just a bit south of you, in Bellevue, Washington, I'll be your translator. A "tip" is a place where you'd tip your rubbish, or in our tongue, dump your garbage. Imagine a dump truck tipping its load on to a heap, and you've got the origin of the word; "dump" is an equivalent in American English.
--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
Claire Petersky wrote:

Southeast actually. Thanks for the definition.

USDA Zone 8