Hardy English Primroses

Can anyone tell me how/when to harvest seeds from my primroses? I left the flowers on so they could go to seed, and now I have several large green pods. Do I wait until they turn brown before harvesting? Do I have to put them in the refrigerator to give them a short "winter" before planting?
Thank you for any help you can give me.
I usually wait until the pods are brown. Cut back on the watering so the seeds won't be mouldy. Germination doesn't require chilling but will do better at cooler temperatures ~ 10-15*C. Once they sprout their first true leaves, you can move them somewhere warmer. Watch out for damping off.
Thanks so much for your help. Now another question -- what is damping off? Sorry to sound like such a dummy, but that's exactly what I am when it comes to this.