Growing weeping yaupon holly in a container

Greetings to all!
I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to grow a weeping yaupon holly in a large container. Since they grow rather large (>20 feet high), would the container help to curb the high growth? I live in Zone 6A and would love to have one of these trees, but see that most sites list them as hardy to Zone 7. I have a heated greenhouse where it could placed in the Winter. Any info would be appreciated.

In my experience plants in containers are prone to be over watered. Yaupons do not like a lot of water. All you can do is try and see what happens. If you keep the roots pruned and treat it like a large bonsai, it may work for you.
Tell me, I've never heard of a weeping yaupon. Do you have an exact botanical name? I live in zone 8b and have many yaupons of all types in our gardens.
The scientifc name is Ilex vomitoria f. pendula. Here's a link to a pic with information...
http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/hort/consumer/factsheets/trees-new/ilex_vomito ria_fpendula.html
Thanks for the info!!!
opined:

in a

Zone
Yaupons do

you
you.
botanical
gardens.

Ilex vomitoria f. pendula... usually available at Barton Springs Nursery
Cea

Great, thanks! I went up to Zilker today for Xmas tree mulch...GONE! Oh well, next year.