Growing Sage

I have a large pot of sage ( white )I was growing indoors since the spring. just cut it back to a few inches above the soil leaving the woody part of the plant. My question is that does it have to winter outside ( I live in Ohio ) or what care shoulod it be given inside for the winter.
Tom
On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 11:07:01 -0500, tterapin

Regular ol' sage (Salvia officinalis) is supposed to be hardy to USDA zone 4-5. Any herb plant brought indoors is likely to suffer from low light levels and dry indoor heat. However, if you've been successfully growing it indoors, there's no particular reason to send it outdoors for the winter.

This Spring (if it's still living) plant it in the ground and leave it there year round.
Cheryl (Z5-IL)