Geranium question.

hello, I have a few pots of geraniums and I noticed that they are not flowering. (not the scented variety). Appearance-wise- the plants look very healthy. Lots of green leaves- but no flowers.
Should I add some type of nitrogen food? what appears to be the problem?
Located in the N. East part of the USA Thanks! KOS

Please, Don't fertilize, especially with nitrogen. Pelargoniums mostly prefer warm, dry, and potbound for best flowering. Dark, damp, wet conditions just make them put out leaf growth. They will flower when the weather settles.
Sue Western Maine

I'm curious: Where did you get the idea of adding nitrogen?
I have several pots of Geraniums that haven't been repotted in a couple of years. I just sprinkle them with a little Miracle Gro. Right now they are blooming like crazy.
I live in Northern California. Our plants, trees, and bushes, are just now coming out of the long belated Winter we had.
I saw that there was snow last week in New York. . .So it may be the weather that is affecting your's.
Myrl Jeffcoat http://www.myrljeffcoat.com

I use either Miracle Grow on mine or Expert Bloom Burst as soon as I put them outside after the last frost date here. They're soon blooming. That is both scented and regular geraniums. Scented bloom a bit later than the regulars. All like full sun with good air circulation. I use a fertilizer high in phosphorus or phosphate, not nitrogen.

Nitrogen is for leaf growth, not flowers. Use a 10-10-10 or 20-20-20 or Miracle grow. Does it get enough sunlight?