Geranium Propagation

Having taken a number of Geranium cuttings, someone told me it is a good idea to spray them with a growth inhibitor to make a stronger plant. Is this correct? And if so, what should the cuttings be treated with? Should I also treat the parent plant? Many thanks for your time,
Ger.

I don't know anything about treating them with anything, I grew about a dozen plants from cuttings, and they're growing well. The only thing you need to do is let the cutting dry off for about 12 hours before planting it. If you do a few of each type, you're absolutely going to get at least a couple plants.
--
Jen

What do you use for a rooting medium? How long before roots form ?
Olin

Absolutely nothing.

I couldn't tell you how long it takes. I just put them in and forget them, before I know it they're flowering. I've moved a lot and always had to start up new garden beds. Geraniums is one of the easiest to grow. I'd have an almost 100% success rate. I take cuttings from many plants, and I've never used any sort of rooting mediums.
Jen
Hi
You don't need a growth inhibitor to propagate Geraniums.

Geranium is like a weed, you can make a million of cuttings - directly in a ground.

As others have said, geraniums root pretty easily. However, if you find a product called Rootone at a garden center, it wouldn't hurt to use it. In addition to a plant hormone whose name I don't recall, it also contains an antifungal agent. Couldn't hurt to use it, but I wouldn't drive all over creation trying to find it. As far as rooting medium, any decent potting soil will work. Keep it damp, but not soaking wet.