Garden signs

I'm looking for someone who would do a custom garden sign - metal that would stick in the ground with a quote on it. When I do a google search, I get all kinds of personalized address sign makers. Does anyone know of a resource that would make garden signs with a quote or poetry on it?
Gulffritallary wrote:

The greenhouse supplier I deal with sells galvanized metal sign holders for retail displays. I don't have the catalog in front of me, but they come in 5 x 7 and 8 x 11 sizes. They also sell blank plastic sheets for writing on, or you can make a paper sign in your computer and have it laminated. They have a stake that's about 30" long. Note that colored inks fade rapidly in sunlight. The longest lasting signs from your computer seem to be made on black and white laser printers.
Have you tried the local yellow pages for signmakers?
--
Jayel
"Gulffritallary" < snipped-for-privacy@aol.com> wrote in message

all
that
In my area there are all kinds of shops that have these, like Garden Ridge, The Pottery, etc.
Tom J
Buy yourself some sheets of copper, write your quotes on the sheet with a hard metal object (nail punch? - place the copper on a sheet of cardboard so that the pressure can go through... ), punch a hole through the corners and use copper wire to tie it to a metal stake. All the things could be bought at a hardware or crafts store. You can also cover a piece of wood with it (bend the edges over the sides of the wood, tack it on with copper furniture tacks). Nail a stake on it and hammer into the ground. It is really easy and very satisfying.
http://www.diynet.com/DIY/article/0,2058,6504,00.html shows how to decorate copper... be careful as the metal can cut.

would
all
that