Freezing weather this weekenc

I just finished moving all of my tropical plants outdoor last week. I am living Dallas, TX area where statically the winter should be over. However, for some strange reason, I heard on the news that this weekend the temp will be dropping to near freezing in the morning hours.
Questions: Do I have to be concerned about my plants that are outside? This is going very short (few hours). Will the plants survive such a short time of temp dropped?
Thanks in advance,
JIMMY
On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 17:03:35 GMT, "Jimmy Sayavong"

die quickly.
Jimmy Sayavong wrote:

Jimmy, I believe our average last killing frost in Dallas is usually mid March. So be aware even later freezes may occur.
Lar

A florist told me over just this last weekend that plant tissue can freeze in mere seconds. If you treasure them, move them back inside. Especially any succulent types with water-laden leaves -- Jade trees, Hoya, cactus, etc.
Jimmy Sayavong wrote:

Can you drape Xmas lights through/around them? probably enough heat to give protection from near frost temps, especially if a cover is also used.
Yeah, as said - anything valuable should be brought back in. And I also read last average frost is mid-march.
Carl
--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)