Flora in Kivu, DR Congo

I have searched in vain so far for a list of plants native to Kivu - immediately west of the E. African Rift, and west of Lake Kivu. This is a frivolous enquiry to the extent that it is meant to assist me with writing a novel rather than the serious business of cultivating my garden.
Some of the action in my novel is based in Northern Kivu. A character names all her children after flowers and I decided one must be called MIMOSA - because I like the name. But I discover that is not native to Africa. I can get around it by allowing the mother to be similarly attracted to the name! but would rather use a native plant if possible. Hence the need for a list. Or has anyone got a suggestion?
Many thanks for any help/advice.
--
e-quill

Excellent info, for which many thanks Stewart. I shall delve. Duncan
--
e-quill