fast growing flower for filming

hey, im interested in growing some indoor flowers and filming it at a slow rate so that it will appear to be growing fast when i use the video. do you know of any flowers that will grow in 1 or 2 weeks? if not, what are some flowers that bloom during the day and close at night? i would be willing to film that as well. thanks in advance.
One thing you could try is a Moonflower. Though they bloom in the evenin. I believe that they are a member of the morning glory family, so you may want to try something in that variety.
Kate
| hey, im interested in growing some indoor flowers and filming it at a | slow rate so that it will appear to be growing fast when i use the | video. do you know of any flowers that will grow in 1 or 2 weeks? if | not, what are some flowers that bloom during the day and close at | night? i would be willing to film that as well. thanks in advance.
On 11/7/04 5:32 AM, in article 1upjd.3159$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net, "SVTKate"

plant but maybe it would grow indoors...? Bill
Gazania is one that opens in the morning and closes at night.
toad
Purchase a Christmas cactus at your local box store. Most of them have buds that is not open yet. The flowers will be open in a few days.
Gary

<<
>><BR><BR>
zemedelec
Maybe consider trying an amaryllis (?). They take a while to get going, but once the stalk starts upwards, it grows quite rapidly until it blooms (quite dramatically, I might add). This is a good time of year to get amaryllis, since they are a popular holiday flower and are readily available in a lot of places. Sounds like an interesting project. Good luck! Gary