Everest Azalea

Hi,
When is the best time of year to prune my Everest Azalea? I live in Zone 5.
Thanks.
Carol

As with most spring bloomers, rhododendrons and azaleas start to form the next years flower buds in mid summer and by fall the buds are fairly well developed. Pruning after mid summer removes the next years flower buds.