Elephant Ear in Ottawa - Winter Storage

I have quite a few "elephant ear" plants in my garden in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, where the climate zone is 4+.

I want to find out if the plants can be stored in my garage in a plastic box over the winter.

In the past winters, I stored them in my basement in paper bags....a bit more work.

Thanks.

Reply to
JEDI

No freezing temperatures. A box of wood shavings or shredded newspaper works well. Pry them up as soon as frost blackens the leaves , dry them off and store them.

Reply to
Beecrofter

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (JEDI) wrote in news:9e4c04c0.0311011341.8d33934 @posting.google.com:

I have some Elephant Ears calladiums that have survived minor frosts in the ground here in SE Virginia.

Reply to
Salty Thumb

Salty Thumb wrote in news:2yjpb.28513$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrddc02.gnilink.net:

what I mean is they died back to the ground but they came back in the spring. not sure if that's what you want ...

Reply to
Salty Thumb