Elephant Ear in Ottawa - Winter Storage

I have quite a few "elephant ear" plants in my garden in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, where the climate zone is 4+.
I want to find out if the plants can be stored in my garage in a plastic box over the winter.
In the past winters, I stored them in my basement in paper bags....a bit more work.
Thanks.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (JEDI) wrote in message

No freezing temperatures. A box of wood shavings or shredded newspaper works well. Pry them up as soon as frost blackens the leaves , dry them off and store them.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (JEDI) wrote in

I have some Elephant Ears calladiums that have survived minor frosts in the ground here in SE Virginia.

what I mean is they died back to the ground but they came back in the spring. not sure if that's what you want ...