Dymondia - slow spreading?

I'm researching very flat ground cover for a path to a rarely-used gate.
Dymondia looked like a winner until I got to the part where it's supposed to spread slowly.
The path is approx 3' x 6' +-
I wasn't going to use $tepping $tone$ as well, but if the ground cover is REALLY slow-spreading, may have to.
QUESTION #1: In your experience/opinion, Dymonida slow spreading, T/F.
QUESTION #2. If slow, how many flats would I need so it wouldn't take forever to fill in.
QUESTION #3. Am I putting cart before horse in concentrating on Dymondia. Other suggestions? FLAT & hardy.