Dogwood Slime - (Repost)

Thanks to Garrapata's comments & others I've changed my upload to UU and will try again.(pictures to alt binaries.pictures.gardens only) I posted to rec.gardens with the details of my problem, but woulld appreciate any help in identifying the slime and its cure.
Bob Kirk
Often slime molds are hard to tell apart in this, their slime stage. Unlike a fungus, a slime mold is really no indication of the tree's health one way or the other. They're susceptible to drying out, which is why it's fond of your moisture-retaining branch scar, conveniently up where air currents can better carry away its spores. If you can't dry it out then I suggest the standard artillery - hose & scrub brush. There's really no "cure" for them, and I couldn't say how that treatment would affect its spreading. Some people just leave them alone.

Isobar wrote:

I would guess that your Dogwood has an advanced case of Anthracnose.
--
Travis in Shoreline Washington