Dogs tore out wiring!

Hello folks!
I need some help... My dogs, 2 golden retrievers, had themselves a good time tearing out the wiring from my Murray riding mower. Any hints or tips you could give me as far as re-wiring this thing would be appreciated. The particulars: Murray Widebody 17hp. It's about 7 years old, model 42506X92A.
Thanx!
sico
On 31 May 2004 06:22:19 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (sicorican) wrote:

Umm call the company and ask for a wiring diagram...or .. take it to a professional unless you're pretty skilled working with wiring. Sounds like your dogs need supervision. How old are they? 1.5 years or less? I find dogs get into trouble when left to their own devices and particularly when young. It takes at least until they're 1.5 years old to begin to settle down and start getting to where they're not like a kid in their terrible 2s up to a teenage boy that likes to get into trouble stage. About 2, they're kind of pleasant to have around as they have a personality, but they're able to be happy just kind of "being there" .. I had ONE dog that decided to eat the phone wiring off the back of the house, that's when I found out that others had had dogs eat the siding off the house.. up to.. you, having your wiring eaten off a lawn mower! Can't figure out what the attraction there was! Maybe your scent was on the mower.. that got them there, and then they went from there.
Janice
What about re-wiring the dogs? No. Too complicated. zemedelec
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comspamfree (Zemedelec) wrote in message

zemdelec:
Actually, with the right tools and a little patience.... Hmmm... Something to think about...
(sicorican) wrote:

Janice;
One of the dogs will be 2 in July and the other will be 2 in August. They were going after either a frog or a field mouse(have lots of both running around my property). I'm going to rename them "Re" and "Tard" instead of Bud and Lou!
I found a wiring diagram, and am still trying to find a wiring harness, but have come up empty. I think it'll just be best to take it and have it done at a repair shop.
Thanx for your response!