Roast center cut pork loin:
http://i62.tinypic.com/jrquxj.jpg
Rice n' black beans:
http://i57.tinypic.com/2uztgeb.jpg
DeeLish:
http://i62.tinypic.com/14syx3c.jpg
Burp!
Todd wrote:

For tea I have pond water... right now it's iced tea... would be difficult to sell, everyone here has pond water tea:
http://i58.tinypic.com/wltbug.jpg
http://i58.tinypic.com/dorn0h.jpg
On 12/19/2014 06:35 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

Noticed the fancy lawn mover! (That is cheating, by the way.) Do you sell hay?
Any trout in the pond?
On Tue, 16 Dec 2014 20:42:59 -0500, Brooklyn1

... tsk tsk I don't see any green or any orange veggies ! You do have a nice half-meal though .. :-) John T.
--- ---
On Wed, 17 Dec 2014 17:32:06 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.com wrote:

Nothing precluded you from partaking of my salad bar:
http://i61.tinypic.com/v8m1eb.jpg
On 12/17/2014 02:48 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

Hi Brooklyn1,
Looks yummy!
I'd have to stay a country mile away from the rice and beans due to the Diabetes, which [brown] rice had a big part in creating. That being said, what seasoning did you use on your rice?
Homemade dressing????
How much of your salad came from your garden? My salads are about half store bought and half garden (purslane, tomatillo, cherry tomatoes, sometimes a cucumber) when in season. I have rotten luck growing cucumbers.
Sometimes I will add a boiled egg to my salads. Doesn't come out so good.
-T
Oh now you have gone an made me hungry!

I use Goya Sason, Penzeys Adobo, and several herbs n' spices, plus I make it differently each time... sometimes with diced bell pepper and diced canned tomatoes.

Sometimes homemade, sometimes bottled.

In summer probably more than half is from my garden.

I like egg salad but I don't add eggs to my garden salad, typically I add canned beans, garbonzos are good, and often there's left over steak or roast beef to slice in, cheese too, and cubes of hard salami and pepperoni... kind of what's called a Chef's Salad. This past summer I grew a ton of swiss chard, leaves are very good in salads, diced stems are wonderful in soups. Chard is actually beets but just the tops, no root. Sadly most folks tear off the beet tops and leave them in the produce section... the manager will give me all the beet tops I can carry for free and I take them all, better than spinach. I haven't had much luck growing beets, grubs bore into them, I use no chemicals... I much prefer dealing with canned beets anyway... I like pickled beet salad too. I do well with cucumbers, I plant lots, mostly kirbys as they have thin very edible skin and are wonderful for fermented pickles... I don't care much for cooked pickles. My garden is pretty large for a home garden (50' X 50') and each year I experiment with some different crops. I add no fertilizers either, I do my own composting and add that. The soil here in the Hudson valley is very rich top soil and is between 3'-6' deep... my garden is alongside a natural spring fed stream so I never need to water. Vegetable garden is fenced, this is early May, not planted yet:
http://i59.tinypic.com/2mre7f5.jpg
On 12/18/2014 02:12 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

My spoil is 20 feet down from the top after they finished grading the area. It is decomposed sandstone. Like decomposed granite, only way, way uglier. I would be better off trying to grow stuff in soil from the moon. I pour about 7 to 14 of compost on it every year. Helps somewhat.
I have a theory: folks don't eat vegetables because they taste like crap.
After local grown and my garden, I suddenly love vegetables! Your salad sound to die for!
Still hungry after speaking to you. Mumble, mumble.
-T
Who mows the lawn? Do the clipping go into your compose?

I mow the lawn... ten acres of lawn... I use mulching blades, it would be ridiculous attempting to collect ten acres of clippings.
On 12/18/2014 06:55 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

Have you ever though of selling the mulch as green tea? Bet no one would be able to tell the difference! :-)

How is it cheating?

Can't be bothered, haying is dirty work

You must be a city boy, trout don't live in ponds... but there are trout in my creek... trout need moving water:
http://i61.tinypic.com/14wwb5.jpg
But I have carp and snapping turtles in my pond.
On 12/19/2014 05:23 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

You are riding in it, instead of pushing it!
I want one! If and ever I get one, then it won't be cheating. Life is unfair like that. :-)

The farmers out here have services that come out and do all the cutting and bailing. The organic farmers get more cutting than the conventional ones.

Oh now that hurts! :-)

All the time. You need a depth of at least 15 foot to keep the water cool enough and a good source of oxygen for the water (constant winds will do that).
Here is an image of one of our prettier ones:
http://rockwoodlodge.com/lake-tahoe/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/summer-300x200.jpg

Gorgeous! Brook trout by any chance?

Carp ???? Oh no! They would make great fertilizer for your garden.
A few of the local ponds have frankencarp (goldfish) in them. Probably people releasing them, instead of flushing them. They mess up the pond water clarity pretty bad. There are rules against it, but not a lot of people pay attention.

This land used to be all in hay, but I decided I like lawns better, less noisy bugs and much less pollen. But I also own a 100 acres just north of here in Albany county, a cattle farmer on that road hays that land, some for his cattle but most gets shipped to the race tracks in NYC. Hay is a big money crop in the northern Catskills.
Right now I'm mostly into pussy, saving the feral cats, I have a new litter of barn kittens to care for. Adopt a couple of healthy well fed rolly polly fur balls:
http://i60.tinypic.com/2o8wl.jpg
On 12/20/2014 01:22 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

Those are some cute kitties. (Bear in mind, I don't like cats, so it is a real compliment.)
On 12/16/2014 8:42 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/k1bG2EPGmI0?autoplay=1&vq=hd720&rel=0&showinfo=0&start &end21