Deer driving me nuts

Page 2 of 2
wrote in message

Asking men to avoid indulging in hugging (Playboy) bunnies is like asking a woman not to like shoes.
wrote in message

*laughter* But I -hate- shopping for shoes. And I'd much rather go barefoot if I could get away w/ it in public. Murri

asking
could
You *could* get away with it if we were allowed to shoot people who break glass in the sidewalks and leave it there. I wonder if my state assemblyman would sponsor such legislation.
they dont like being shot with wrist rocket slingshots

Do you?
Try shooting your mother or father with one, see if they like it!
Ray
Ray Jestheimier wrote:

If I caught them eating my bushes, I would!
Bert
Around here they use they use electric fences around important stuff.
My last dog liked the woods in our back yard, so we never had any deer back there. The new dog is afraid to go back there alone, so the deer have retaken it. She does keep them out of the front yard at least. (old dog chased them; new one rolls on her bad, but at least the smell is effective.)
John, I bought a Cat/Dog Stop (ultrasonic repellant) from www.backyard-lifestyle.com to keep the raccoons and squirrels out of my garden. It works great, uses a motion detector to increase the 9v battery life, so it lasts for months. With a Deer's hearing, I would expect them to be afraid of an Ultrasonic Repellant too.
I hope this helps, Norman
On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 11:04:04 -0400, John Bachman

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

That's three times in one day (& the day just starting) that you've spammed for this worthless product. And I'm annoyed with myself for at first mistaking you for a hornswoggled victim of some purveyor of worthless junk, rather than yourself the hornswoggling purveyor.
A warning to all: This spammer's persistantly recommended product is bogus. Though he pretends to be a satisfied customer for the bogus product, he has posted nothing but spams for this company, & seems to think he can pass undetected as a stealth spammer. So two acts of a crook: Pretending satisfaction with a product known to be bogus, & pretending not to be a spammer. Really three crooked acts, spamming newsgroups at all is just not done by any company that could be considered honest & competent.
See this overview of the worthless product, with university links in-text: http://www.paghat.com/ultrasonic.html
-paghat the ratgirl

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 14:26:36 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net (paghat) wrote:

Nicely done ratgirl.
John
snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net (paghat) wrote in message wrote:

Snip
Snip
While I certainly applaud the anti spam work ... I just wanted to say that the particular model being recommended here does show some effectiveness in my highly scientific back yard and beer tests...
We have many feral and semi-feral cats in the neighborhood, they are attracted to the bird feeders / pond and tend to use my garden as a litter-box / lovers-lane. I've tried all sorts of things to keep them out and am always looking for something easier for me.. (after all I can't sit there with the garden hose 24/7)..
Anyway sitting in the yard drinking beer and watching for the cats and pointing it at them and triggering it they do leave the yard, casually quietly (supposedly humanely), but not at all satisfactorily (for me.. I want them to jump!).
The Squirrels and Raccoons don't seem to carebut neither do the birds.
The company that makes these things also makes the Scarecrow hose jobbie.. which has been the most effective area deterrent I've found, its only drawbacks are the fact that it is tough to set it so it wont spray the birds, and it leaks.
After the sprayer, orange peel and Cayenne pepper seem still slightly more effective than the ultrasonic thing..
For zone defense, I prefer the fi-shock fence nothing seems to get past it and it should work for the deer in the OP.
Currently the fi-shock surrounds the pond and winds through the background foliage, orange peel in all the garden beds, and the scare crow covering much of the open area.
I figure I'll use the ultra sonic thing to keep them from crapping on the porch (I think I've offended them)
Anyway all these things are available all over the web there is no need to buy from spammers
| We have many feral and semi-feral cats in the neighborhood, they are | attracted to the bird feeders / pond and tend to use my garden as a | litter-box / lovers-lane. I've tried all sorts of things to keep them | out and am always looking for something easier for me.. (after all I | can't sit there with the garden hose 24/7).. |
If you have enough beer you can!
| Anyway sitting in the yard drinking beer and watching for the cats and | pointing it at them and triggering it they do leave the yard, casually | quietly (supposedly humanely), but not at all satisfactorily (for me.. | I want them to jump!). | | The Squirrels and Raccoons don't seem to care.but neither do the | birds. | | The company that makes these things also makes the Scarecrow hose | jobbie.. which has been the most effective area deterrent I've found, | its only drawbacks are the fact that it is tough to set it so it wont | spray the birds, and it leaks. | | After the sprayer, orange peel and Cayenne pepper seem still slightly | more effective than the ultrasonic thing.. | | For zone defense, I prefer the fi-shock fence. nothing seems to get | past it and it should work for the deer in the OP. | | Currently the fi-shock surrounds the pond and winds through the | background foliage, orange peel in all the garden beds, and the scare | crow covering much of the open area. | | I figure I'll use the ultra sonic thing to keep them from crapping on | the porch . (I think I've offended them) | | Anyway all these things are available all over the web there is no | need to buy from spammers .
On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 11:46:36 GMT, "SVTKate"

Weird.. your the second person in a week who has raised the concept of "enough" beer ... I just don't get it...
wrote in message

Some is good, More is better, Too much ought to be about right.
--
Crashj