dead heading flowers

This spring I planted candy tuft, pot of gold, and forget me nots. If I shear them off to dead head them, will it hurt the plants?
Put plugs in your ears to muffle their screams!!!
Why even bother?

Plants like candytuft and pot of gold benefit from shearing back after bloom. It tidies them up and helps to keep the plants compact and not develop legginess. Forget-me-nots self seed with abandon and I simply pull them up after they bloom, avoiding the powdery mildew that will be sure to follow - more will appear next spring, without fail - you simply cannot get rid of them.
pam - gardengal