Daphne - Propagation

Hi GG's
We had a REAL HOT SPELL a month or so ago and the Daphne [Daphne Odora Alba - "Star White"] was knocked about a bit. It lost a whole heap of leaves, but, it is now coming back.
Where the leaves fell off, multiple new growth is developing - very slowly! As this is a hard specimen to find, I'd like to risk an attempt to propagate it.
Daphne are notoriously fickle plants and I don't want to kill the plant we have, just to have the cutting not take either.
I need your help! What is the best way to propagate Daphne from a cutting?
--
Regards: *krONik*
"Somewhere ... *something incredible* is waiting to be known!"

I just pop a few pieces into some moist potting mix. At least one should grow, if you keep it moist but not wet. And you've still got your original plant as well.
Jen