Dahlias and tuber division

Hello!
I have a large number of dahlia tubers in winter storage. Because have so many I find it easier to grow them in pots. When the sprin comes I will have to divide them all as they will become pot bound This is a frantic time for me to get them all divided as quickly a possible. I am now wandering if it is possible to divide the tubers and re-po them while they are still in winter storage. Then after division an re-potting, placing them back in winter storage until spring. I've noticed that my dahlia tubers keep well when still in their pots However I'm unsure if the tubers will like to be stored in soil afte tuber division. Will the divided tubers become infected and rot in th soil if placed back in storage? Grateful for any help,
mr-owe
-- mr-owen
That would be a good question to ask the members of the Dahlia-net, the number One elist for dahlia growers.

Telescope Buyers FAQ