could someone identify this flower please?

I really need is the common name for the family the flower comes from, although more information would be greatly appreciated as I think this is a beautiful flower.

Reply to
spiderscripts

The flower is in the family Asteraceae and is commonly called Cineraria. (Senecio X hybridus) It is frost tender and is often grown indoors or as a house plant. It also likes good soil, and cool shade. It is not for hot, dry places. It may overwinter and reseed in mild winter climates. They are available in many brilliant colors, and are really showy. ( They don't do well here, as we have both HOT and freezing temps. I used to enjoy them in Southern Calif) Emilie NorCal

Reply to
mleblanca