Corn recommendations

I am looking for recommendations for corn varieties. This last year was a short, cold, wet growing season and half of our corn never matured. Also, I seem to have the best luck with yellow corn, worst luck with white and high sugar corn.
Anyone have any comments on the robustness of white and high sugar corn, versus 'normal' yellow corn, and any recommendations for short growing seasons?
Add pictures here
βœ–
"Zoot" wrote:

Would help to know your location.
Add pictures here
βœ–

http://www.burpee.com/p2p/searchResults.do?search Ίsic&keyword=corn&sortby=newArrivals&page=all
See catalogs don't tell me anything. Amazing Size! Delicious mouth watering sweetness! Grows without water or even soil! Bah...in their eagerness to sell seeds, they overhype the descriptions so badly you can't tell what is what.
Add pictures here
βœ–

We have been experiencing a cooling trend up here in the NorthWest for the past couple of years. Last spring/summer was one of the coolest and wettest in quite a while. However, talk to any old-timers and they tell you about how cold it used to get fifty years ago. I met this one old feller a few years ago that talked about how he has seen the Columbia river freeze over every winter. That hasn't happened for many years.

What are your experiences with high sugar hybrids - corn bred for high sugar contents?
Add pictures here
βœ–

You apparently didn't pay much attention. Victoria
Add pictures here
βœ–
In article

Thanks to Zoot, who posed the question and thanks to Pat Kiewicz for the response to corn varieties recommendations. I'm still debating whether my garden can produce good, sweet corn, so I'm looking at varieties again.
--

Billy
Republican and Democratic "Leadership" Behind Bars