comprehensive gardening website?

I'm relatively new to gardening and I bought a few plants to put in some planters the other day. I don't know much about them and would like to look them up. Can anyone refer to me to an "encyclopedia" type website or something that can give me adecent amount of background on them? Thanks

IMO, there is no single site that offers complete, encyclopedic information. Try doing a google search on the individual plants or look for one of the several excellent garden encyclopedia books - 'A to Z', 'Sunset' or 'Flora'. Books - remember them??
pam - gardengal
To start your learning experience, you could try the following website : http://plantsdatabase.com I have found it helpful at times ! Ben.