Colour transference with African Violets

Hello group,
Is colour transference between African Violets common ?
I have one plant that normally has white flowers. The leaves are very different, small roundish and pale green. I keep it together with the common purple variety.
I have noticed several of the white flowers taking on blue markings. Is this significant or not ?
Thanks,
Michael Singmin

It's got nothing to do with the proximity of the other plant. Probably a response to changes in the soil's pH & other chemistry.