Cedar Problems

I have a cedar hedge in Gander, Newfoundland, Canada. The trees have begun to lose their foliage in the lower half and the process seems to be extending progressively upwards. Our soil is a shallow, stony and damp clay and my back garden is particularly poorly drained. I cannot see any bugs or fungi. Any ideas?
On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 16:08:39 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Likely a fungal disease, maybe Cercospora needle blight (do teh needles brown bottom-to-top, inside to tips?). Try to dry out the soil between irrigation.
Keith Babberney ISA Certified Arborist #TX-0236AT