Cantaloupe question

I am growing cantaloupe for the first time and was wondering if they require any special care. I have heard that they are a "thirsty" crop, so I am assuming that they need a little more wattering that, say, my tomatoes. Other than that, is there anything else that might be useful to know.
TIA,
Ken
My tomato plants, I forget which variety, have been in the ground about 3 weeks. They each have one tomato. Several other blooms, that look puny...any thoughts or knowledge to pass on about tomato plants and their care and feeding? I am south of New Orleans. Perry

require