Canning Peppers

Page 2 of 2
On Thu, 09 Jul 2009 16:54:28 -0400, Bill who putters

The ShelGinRummy is gettin' you guys' goat, whatever the hell that old saying means.
Perhaps his inspiration maybe coming from the gin bottle? SAD.
Charlie

I guess being crazy is just having an itch you can't scratch:O(
--

- Billy

There's that pinochio nose "we" again, yet another barroom braggart LIAR!
In article

Sickness, last time I was called a "poopoo" head, my assailant was 4 years old.
--

- Billy

RU Nutz... that fercocktah rube goldberg won't dehydrate fruit before they rot... your billygoat brain is dehydrated, like a freakin' lychee nut! LOL

You have a cite for that, you prurient, anti-Christian windbag? Either the dehydrator, my brain, and/or the lychee nut? Lychees are commonly sold fresh in Vietnamese, Chinese and Asian markets, and in recent years, also widely in supermarkets worldwide. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lychee Com'on, Sickness, whadda ya got?
--

- Billy

Why not try freezing them? I freeze my peppers every year. Just wash, dry, remove the seeds, slice or chop (whatever your choice is) and place them in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Slip the sheet into the freezer for a couple of hours and then put them into freezer bags. This first step of freezing in a single layer prevents them from sticking all together into one mass of peppers and you can removed just the amount you want when you need them. They won't be crisp when thawed but perfect for any kind of cooking.
On Wed, 8 Jul 2009 16:56:06 -0700 (PDT), ctlady
<snip>

They don't stick together all that bad. I've never had any trouble separating them after freezing in zip lock bags. Could be maybe my hands are a bit stronger too :)
Wash them off, core/remove seeds and any bad spots, slice into strips maybe an inch or so wide. Shove into large (2 gallon work nice) freezer bag, freeze. Use for cooking, they will be mushy/limp when they thaw out. I've kept them in a chest freezer for a year or so without any troubles.
--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b