Can A Broken Dahlia Be Salvaged?

I came home from a two-week vacation to find that one of my most prized dahlias ("Shadow Cat") had grown to an amazing height, then snapped in half from the weight. Can this plant be salvaged? If I cut it back beneath the break, might it grow more and put out additional flowers?
Thanks.

frost when I dig them up. Colleen zone 5 Connecticut
Trim to down to past the broken area and it should grow back fine.
snipped-for-privacy@domeus.co.uk
-- "In this universe the night was falling,the shadows were lengthening towards an east that would not know another dawn. But elsewhere the stars were still young and the light of morning lingered: and along the path he once had followed, man would one day go again."
Arthur C. Clarke, The City & The Stars
SIAR www.starlords.org Bishop's Car Fund http://www.bishopcarfund.Netfirms.com / Freelance Writers Shop http://www.freelancewrittersshop.netfirms.com Telescope Buyers FAQ http://home.inreach.com/starlord

Fleemo wrote:

I have had several Dahlias that were broken off during storms and ALL of them recovered and bloomed quite well during the late summer and fall.
I now use those "ring cages" that they sell for tomatoes to protect the plants. As soon as I plant the Dahlias I put the rings over the spot so I know where they should come up.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Digital Camera: HP PhotoSmart 850
Many thanks for all the input here folks. I'll keep my fingers crossed that I get some more blooms before the season ends. :)
-Fleemo