Brown Eyed Susan Q

Was at my local WalMart (I know, not the BEST place for plants) and they have some heavily discounted brown eyed susans ... 1 gallon pots. I've got an area that I'm thinking of planting in next year and almost scooped them up for the new area .... however I realized I wouldn't know exactly what to do with them over winter. Should I over winter them in their 1 gallon pots, in a garage where it gets cold but doesn't freeze? Or, would they have to seed the area in order for me to have plants next spring? Would I have to plant them now or could I just keep 'em til spring and then plant them, hoping they come back? I guess I just don't know exactly how these babies work.

I'm Zone 5, 20 miles north of Boston (as the crow flies)

Thanks Catty One

Reply to
Catty One

I's successfully overwintered potted perennials by sinking the pots in the ground a bit and mulching around them with leaves (in zone 6).

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

I am in zone 5 as well and just transplanted some brown eyed susans to other places in my yard. I would go ahead and plant them where you want to now. They should come up fine next year.

:) Lynn

Reply to
Lynn