Best Tree for circular driveway

I want to placea large tree in the center of a circular driveway in San Diego. I need a tree that is green year round and doesnt lose all its leaves. Of course it has to have very non evasive roots. What would be the best type of tree for this thanks in adavance. The center of the driveway is 14 ft Diameter
Howard
snipped-for-privacy@sdppm.com
I'm having the same kind of question Howard is confronted with. . .What kind of tree is best?
I live in the Sacramento area. I'd like to select a tree to replace my old and dying Modesto Ash tree. I'm especially interested in a tree that doesn't shed year round, and is resistent to disease and especially mistletoe.
Off the top of my head I'm thinking in the area of a Maple tree of some sort, or perhaps a grouping of Liquid Ambers.
Are any of you aware of a website which gives really good information on trees, and perhaps pictures?
Thank you. . . Myrl Jeffcoat http://www.myrljeffcoat.com
sdppm wrote:

http://cesacramento.ucdavis.edu /

Thanks so much!
Myrl http://www.myrljeffcoat.com
Call you local cooperative extension. They'll have the answer for your area. http://cesandiego.ucdavis.edu /

I want to placea large tree in the center of a circular driveway in San
Diego. --- sdppm
Andy replies: You shold select a tree with a circular trunk. If you
do not select a tree that matches the contour of your driveway, visitors will forever be nicking the corners and chipping off the bark...
Andy in Eureka, Texas
You might consider one of the southern magnolias, such as a Bracken's Brown Beauty--broadleaf evergreen, beautiful fragrant flowers.
http://www.mobot.org/gardeninghelp/plantfinder/Plant.asp?code 45
Dug