"Back to Nature" Cotton Burr Compost Question

Does anyone know if "Back to Nature" brand cotton burr compost is derived from genetically modified cotton... ie. btCotton or Roundup Ready Cotton? I have read good reviews about the quality, but cannot determine if it originates from genetically engineered cotton.
I have written the company and have not received a reply and I tend to take their non-response as a "not good thing".... from my perspective, of course. YMMV on the GM thing.
Thanks Charlie
On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 23:37:49 -0500, Charlie wrote:

According to their WEB site, the compost is 100% organic. http://www.backtonaturecompost.com/products.html I'm not an expert but I doubt that genetically engineered products are considered organic.
--
Susan N.

I'm not convinced. It reads to me like it is 100% organic, as in organic matter.
Even GM crops could be rasied "organically" and their residue could be considered "organic". There is lots of fudging going on in regards to what is truly "organic".
I am not being contentious or even necessarily disagreeing with you, I am just not assured that the cotton used is *not* GM, as so much of the cotton raised now is GM.
And would compost derived from GM crops be a bad thing? I am not sure, but my intent, as far as possible, is to *not* support companies dealing in GM products or use/ingest them myself. Difficult task, yes, unless one can raise every bit of their food, which I cannot do presently, but which is my ultimate goal, though I may never realize this goal.
Care Charlie
On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 17:17:56 -0500, Charlie wrote:

If you wear cotton clothing how can you tell if the cotton is GM? My gentleman friend is a cotton farmer. He is currently growing non-GM (Cobalt Pima is the variety), but you're right - most cotton grown these days *is* GM (per my expert :o)). Sue

You cannot, unless it is marketed as such... and can be verified.
Cotton from any of the brand names is likely GM. And from many of the imports as well.... GM is wreaking havoc in other countries and destroying local cultures that depended upon seed saving, etc.

Good for him. And you. And the rest of us!!
BTW, good to hear from you... been a long time since the run-up to Y2K and all the fun we all had on m.s and c.s.y2k! Hell of an education that was. I learned and changed much about my life.
Wonder how old BKS is faring these days? What a dope!
I dropped back in m.s after I read your post and I see many of the oldtimers are still at it... tcmay is irritating the folks even better than he used to do!
Care and Carry On
Charlie (reincarnated...grizzled in that former life.. hope I didn't piss you off back then, though there is a good chance I did!)
On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 19:09:54 -0500, Charlie wrote:

Wow, what a surprise!! I never participated in c.s.y2k. I'm not sure I even posted on ms before Y2K - I'm old and can't remember things very well - and I think that c.s.y2k was about done right after nothing much happened. I still post a very little on ms. Hardly read any of it. I was never into survivalism and just read it because my gentleman friend (Robert Sturgeon) posted (and still does) there. Had to keep up with him. :o)

I'm afraid that memory thing has me wondering who BKS is.

Oh, yeah. You may have noticed that it's almost all politics now with a whole bunch of racists (new ones from cross posting) and anti-Semites. Yes, Mr May is still the same if not a little nuttier than he was. Were you around for the great exposure? I must humbly admit that it was one of my finest hours on ms. He kill filed me after that.

Grizzled was your name at the time? Um, that memory thing again. I don't remember. I'm sorry.

LOL Despite their best efforts no one on ms ever pissed me off. I swear I was called every name in the book and just loved it. I have never understood why people get so worked up. It's just Usenet. So, I assure you that you never pissed me off. You may have tried but you didn't succeed. :o) If you ever feel like doing some political wrangling come on back to ms. Sue
snipped-for-privacy@thegrid.net says...

You and Robert?!??? I would never have guessed.
--
Get Credit Where Credit Is Due
http://www.cardreport.com/

Do *you* have any idea what is causing the holes in my zucchini plant leaves? I didn't get a response on the gardening group. Holes ringed with a band of white. Luckily whatever it is only effected one plant (out of five). Sue

Try vric.ucdavis.edu/veginfo/commodity/garden/crops/squashsm.pdf and follow the link to vric.ucdavis.edu/veginfo/commodity/garden/crops/cucumber.pdf .
Hope it helps.