Azalea - HELP! Brown edges on flowers and leaves!!!

Hi all

I have a passion for azaleas but somehow they do not seem to survive with me. I recently bought a one lovely bicoloured azalea ( house plant in a pot) which i simply adore, I recreated its conditions to my best ability, indirect sun, water ( standing after a boil) and fertilize.

However, a few weeks ago its edges started to brown, and this appeared not only on the older flowers but on the new blooms that have not opened yet. At first i thought it was a drainage problem and reading up on the internet I stopped watering it too much , but it seems not have worked as the leaves started to look "sad". So then I started to water it plenty again and has done a "full submersion" in the water - no change.

Nothing seems to work and its just going worse and worse and worse....

[image:
also noticed something on the bottom of the leaf when i bought it and here is a picture.

[image:

And here what it looked like when i bought it.

[image:
If anyone can help me, please , as I love it and do not want to to die.
Reply to
Anya

You might be over-watering, over-feeding, or both. Azaleas need soil that is always moist but never wet. They are "light feeders"; commercial azalea food releases nutrients very slowly. I feed mine in the ground only once each year.

Another problem for azaleas as house plants is that they need more humidity than is normally found indoors. Try placing your pots on a large tray filled with pea gravel. Add water to the tray to a level just below the bottoms of the pots.

Reply to
David E. Ross

might want to send your question/pics to these folks:

not you can try to diagnose on your own here:
here:
been my experience that most " houseplants in a pot" azaleas are subject to many problems by the nursery's production techniques and forcing them to bloom before sale, especially with phytophthora root rot.

good luck

Reply to
Gunner