Attn: Ann...Is This Close to Your Recipe

interested Charlie with this yummy bit of info:

Does this sound anything like what you do?
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/mighty-appetite/2006/06/my_friend_the_garlic_scape_1.html
Even if not, this sounds darn good to me.
I am *so* unlearned about so many things...I didn't know about the apparent culinary delights provided by scapes. Thanks for the lesson!
Charlie
On 4/3/08 5:55 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, "Charlie" <Charlie> wrote:

On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 20:35:26 -0400, Cheryl Isaak

Doesn't it?
Are you as hungry as I am? I can hardly wait for really squeaking fresh produce.....oh lordy, a fresh salad, fresh enough it is still talking, with the aforementioned pesto on toasted sourbread, with a bowlful of french breakfast radishes on the side......
Cripes, we can't even get spring thru the door yet! I have radish and lettuce and spinach and chard and, and, and, and all sorts of seed in line at the door just waiting to jump in the beds!
Charlie
On 4/3/08 10:28 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, "Charlie" <Charlie> wrote:

Hey Charlie, count your blessings. It is snow here as I type.
Charlie expounded:

Oh yea, that's it! It's really garlicky, but mild, in a way (well, I really love garlic, so YMMV!). I can't wait for this season's harvest.....
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

MMMV?? I doubt that! This is the guy who eats, daily, at least half dozen raw cloves, straight up, baby! Blood pressure benefits. Spousal and grandson detriments sometimes. ;-) But I think I can glom what you mean about a big garlic taste without the *huge* garlic thing.
I love garlic. I can't wait to try this recipe. Again, thanks for the pointer, Ann.
Next year I am planning to plant several of the varieties from seedsavers, this year I simply planted what I have been buying, and liking, from the local market. No clue what variety for sure.
Charlie