Anyone Getting Anything Good In?

Page 2 of 2
On Mar 3, 9:55 pm, Charlie wrote:

Springfield got all the snow. MO/AR border got really smacked. I got nuttin' but a bit of sleet and corn snow -- all melted already. Kinda disappointed, as I had the CC skis out and everything. Anyhow, off to BC tomorrow (after the dentist). Gonna try the "three sisters" this year: corn, beans, and squash all out of one hole. Any first Sunday is a good one for music.
cheers and maybe see ya there
oz
Cheryl Isaak;776741]On 2/28/08 10:57 PM, in article 0pLxj.348$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews2.bellsouth.net,
"Scott Hildenbrand" "scott[dunspamme]"@fuzzywolf.com wrote: - Just wondering what you all have on order, or plans to buy when you hit
the ground running after the last frost. ;)
I've got.. Oh gosh.. Alot of stuff ordered and coming in. Just got 4 grape vines and 5 blueberry bushes in today. I've got some leaf mold piled up from the fall leaves that I'm going to mulch them with when I
get them in the ground this weekend.
Bunch of other stuff coming.. Some shrubs, pile of flowers, etc..
So how about you all.. Ready for that last frost?- I've got some seeds I have to get started. But with more snow tonight, I'm
having hard time getting excited about spring. Feel like I'm trapped in
endless winter.
yup there are fanfare petunias as well. we sold a lot of them at the garden center i used to work at here in canada. they are really pretty and do cascade beautifully :). i betcha your impatiens will do wonderfully as well ;). cyaaaaa, sockiescat :).
--
sockiescat

On Feb 28, 9:57 pm, Scott Hildenbrand

On Feb 28, 7:57 pm, Scott Hildenbrand

I usually don't wait for the "last" frost, it jumps around so much I just kinda guess. Sometime in Feb and sometimes in April....... Anyway I have spinach and Walla Walla onions in since Fall They are looking good. Peach and apricot are in bloom as all of the almond orchards surrounding us. I put my tomatoes started earlier into 4 inch pots today. They usually go out anytime between Mid March and early April depending on weather. Will plant some lettuce seeds in a week or so. Peppers and Maters go outside during day and in at night so far.
Flowerwise, the camellias are in full gorgeous bloom. Early Daffodils are fading from the 76 degrees on Thurs. Its back to 60s today. Primroses and Hellebores are in bloom too. Many things are showing buds now.
I planted Euryops (yellow daisy bush) a Tiarella and Hypericum Tricolor last week. Ive been cleaning up from the Big Storm and moving things (always). Been working about 3-4 hours each day, so come on out, Cheryl and I'll put you to work!!
Emilie NorCal
On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 21:57:59 -0600, Scott Hildenbrand

Lots of daylillies and ornamental grasses for my area. I am going to be completely xeriscaped out front. Last year I turned one clump of bulbine into three flats of plants, now in the greenhouse, and plan on using those along with small ornamental grasses in in several stands for the strip between the street and lawn. I also started many Red yucca's and will clean it all up and plant and mulch heavily after I completely saturate the soil. I'm sick of that dumb wasteful strip and just short of cementing it in I'll try this out first.