Any Bougainvillia experts here?

I made a couple of cuttings a couple of weeks ago of my Barbra Kurst variety, one of the easiest to grow in the Bougie family, for me anyway. He dropped its last bloom so I cut it back for new growth. its in a pot, indoors, here in the east. 2 of the cuttings have shown new leafs at the tips, but when i check for roots, i don't see any. If I plant them as they are, would they grow without showing roots? I would keep it a closed container for humidity sake. Also, I have another Bogie, that goes as a Harissi variety with variegated leaves, but no flowers in 6 years...why? I treat it the same as the one above and that blooms at least twice a year.

Reply to
Wishy13764

Kurst variety,

He dropped its

indoors, here in the

when i check for

grow without

sake. Also, I

variegated leaves, but

above and that

A couple of weeks is a bit brief -- especially this time of year. Keep the cuttings in a greenhouse (or some other warm, humid environment, and give them several weeks' more time. Bottom heat would be appreciated, I'm sure.

Jim Lewis - snipped-for-privacy@nettally.com - Tallahassee, FL - Only to the white man was nature a wilderness -- Luther Standing Bear (Ogallala Sioux Chief)

Reply to
Jim Lewis

A while ago I planted 5 bouganvilleas in a row to be sure of getting one. As it turned out three took and bloomed.

The most vigourous was a violet one closely followed by a pure white one, and just lately an orange one is breaking through.

Having the three colours together gives a fantastic display, though I have to cut them back severly sometimes, and the things bloom all year round!

Have you tried some rooting powder (indoleacetic acid and 2,4,T mixture) with the cuttings?

Reply to
Peter Jason

Yes! What about the Harassi variety..no blooms in 6 years.

Reply to
Wishy13764

Reply to
D Kat

I only water my Bogies when they show signs of wilting, and fertilize once or so in the summer with 15 20 15. These are in pots, so i don't want them to get them to overgrow the pots. I would fertilize more if they were planted in the ground.

Reply to
Wishy13764