Aloe question

I have an Aloe Vera that I bought at Home Depot last year and it's doing quite well, and in my searches online for more info, there was something about using the offshoots to plant more aloe, but never found a more detailed description about what offshoots are. Are they like runners for strawberry/mint, or something else?
On Mon, 07 May 2007 18:45:53 GMT, "Lilah Morgan"

replanted.
Ok. Here is a picture of my aloe(though the raspberry wants some camera time too): www.roachsrealm.com/locus/dsc_027.jpg Would the two on the very bottom going straight out be offshoots? And thank you.
Yours doesn't have any off shoots yet. When it does, they can fill that pot your Aloe is in. I have potted many, many new Aloe's from my one main plant.
Gloria

Ok thank you(and everyone else who answered). I got aloe to use for mainly sunburns when needed, and I know it has moisturizing properties, but I never knew how good they were til I put some on my cracked heel a few weeks back before I went to bed, and usually it takes days at best and weeks at worst for regular moisturizer to fix it, but when I woke up the next morning, it was fine. So it's good to know that I will get lots more aloe plants. And the best thing, it doesn't matter if I forget to water it. I have started keeping track of when I do water it though, so I don't drown Vera(yeah I know I should have chosen a more unique name, but I'm lazy). About how long does it take for offshoots to start growing?

The offshoots look like smaller versions of the mother plant. When they're a nice size, about 1/4 the size of the original plant and have some of their own roots you can remove them. Keep them in barely damp sandy soil until well rooted.