Adding dirt to grassy area around pavers?

I made a small patio area with stone pavers spaced about 4-5" apart. I'm growing grass in between the pavers. In the meantime the dirt has settled a bit and now the pavers are not flush with the dirt, which I would like.
My question is - how can I add another 1/4" to 1/2" dirt without killing the grass that is already growing? Thanks!
--
x-no-archive: yes

Dave

Just add it, the grass won't mind.
Airkings wrote:

Shovel it on, and use the backside of a rake it grade it. Fall is probably the best time to do this, too.
--
Warren H.

It won't kill the grass that's already there when it gets covered by the dirt?

You did say 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch, not 1/4-yard to 1/2-yard, right?
Why would 1/2-inch -- or even 1-inch of soil be a problem for established grass? That's essentially an insignificant amount unless you're actually putting down 3-inches and tamping it down.
--
Warren H.

Since you seem doubtful about that advice, let me second the suggestion that you just add the soil. The grass will works its way up through it.
vince norris
Fill it in with corase (builders) sand. Grass won't mind it at all since sand is used on golf coarse as a top dressing.