A planting primer for trees and shrubs

That would be the fungal mat made up primarily of mychorrizae and actinomycetes.

Next question.

Trees should never be removed from the forest, particularly from a climax forest. Sometimes saplings can be removed from dense forests because they sit virtually dormant until neighboring trees fall. This must happen in order to get enough light to begin to grow again.

Reply to
Jangchub

You are not Don Staples yet I like your idea.

We really need to legalize commercial hemp for products man requires. No, ifs ands or buts! Its not a choice but a responsibility.

And the substrate is the course woody debris. Which is left behind.

Reply to
symplastless

But, that would affect the profits of the tobacco and alcohol industries not to mention that people can get bronchitis from cannabis, even if it does seem to offer some protection from cancer.

Reply to
Billy

I know I'm not Don, but what's the difference? The woody debris is what the mychorrizae live on, as well as the actinomycetes. Without this network many trees with poor root systems can magnify the ability to ascimilate nutrients from the substrate, made up, again, primarily of the fungal mat caused by the fallen and rotting debris. That's why a forest floor is spongy. It's the best stuff around. People go to great lengths to create compost which is rich in both fungal and biological properties as certain plants thrive on one or the other association.

Reply to
Jangchub

Hemp is not smoked. It is used for fiber which makes everything from rope to clothing. Marijuana is smoked, it is not the same plant as hemp as it is C. sativa.

As long as we have tens of thousands of deaths directly related to alcohol, be it car accidents through health issues like liver disease, cancer, esophageal cancers, diabetes and the like, we should legalize marijuana. I've not known one person in my entire life who died from or caused the death of another while under the influence of pot.

Reply to
Jangchub

You still show your ignorance of forests and forestry, perhaps more reading of Dr. Shigo would help you.

Hemp has been discredited for years due to the agricultural needs, and the limited types of fiber produced. It is nothing more than a choice, with better products available.

Still waiting on your academic accreditations.

Beware a so called tree biologist that never studied biology.

Reply to
D. Staples