A planting primer for trees and shrubs

Page 2 of 2

But, that would affect the profits of the tobacco and alcohol industries not to mention that people can get bronchitis from cannabis, even if it does seem to offer some protection from cancer.
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars

Hemp is not smoked. It is used for fiber which makes everything from rope to clothing. Marijuana is smoked, it is not the same plant as hemp as it is C. sativa.
As long as we have tens of thousands of deaths directly related to alcohol, be it car accidents through health issues like liver disease, cancer, esophageal cancers, diabetes and the like, we should legalize marijuana. I've not known one person in my entire life who died from or caused the death of another while under the influence of pot.
On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 23:28:28 -0500, "symplastless"

I know I'm not Don, but what's the difference? The woody debris is what the mychorrizae live on, as well as the actinomycetes. Without this network many trees with poor root systems can magnify the ability to ascimilate nutrients from the substrate, made up, again, primarily of the fungal mat caused by the fallen and rotting debris. That's why a forest floor is spongy. It's the best stuff around. People go to great lengths to create compost which is rich in both fungal and biological properties as certain plants thrive on one or the other association.
symplastless wrote:

You still show your ignorance of forests and forestry, perhaps more reading of Dr. Shigo would help you.
Hemp has been discredited for years due to the agricultural needs, and the limited types of fiber produced. It is nothing more than a choice, with better products available.
Still waiting on your academic accreditations.
Beware a so called tree biologist that never studied biology.

A person who understands and has taught tree biology.
That's all
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
symplastless wrote:

And where did you earn your teaching certificate? Where did you attend college to study biology? Where are your arborist certifications? And just what is tree biology? Does it differ from say, moss biology, or sea weed biology?
Show us your education.
Beware of so called tree biologist that have never studied biology.